The following statement sets out VR Group’s 2011 Limited policy relating to the collection, storage and use of personal information. Our purpose is to assure anyone who does business with us that VR Group 2011 Limited will comply with both the letter and spirit of the Privacy Act 1993.
Compliance with Privacy Legislation
VR Group 2011 Limited takes seriously its obligation to safeguard personal information about its customers. This policy formalises and strengthens this commitment to our customers. VR Group 2011 Limited complies with the Privacy Act 1993.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is generally defined as information or an opinion that can identify a person. The type of personal information that VR Group 2011 Limited may collect from you will depend upon what dealings you may have with VR Group 2011 Limited. For example, VR Group 2011 Limited may require more information about you that may require to enable you to enter a competition. We collect information from you directly and from your use of our products and services.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
VR Group 2011 Limited operates a number of businesses which handle personal information. In general, our policy is that we only use or disclose personal information for the purpose which was either specified or reasonably apparent at the time we collected it. We may also use or disclose it for any other related purpose for which you would reasonably expect it to be used.
If VR Group 2011 Limited wishes to use or disclose the personal information in other circumstances it will obtain your consent to do so, other than in exceptional circumstances such as:
- where VR Group 2011 Limited reasonably believes it is necessary to protect any person and/or VR Group 2011 Limited rights or property; or
- the use is authorised by law or is reasonably necessary to enforce the law (for example, if VR Group 2011 Limited is required to disclose the information to regulatory authorities or in response to subpoenas or warrants).
Sharing information with other organizations
VR Group 2011 Limited will only send advertising mail to you if:
- you have indicated your consent to receive such mail; or
- where the advertising mail is related to the purpose for which the information was collected; or
- if it would be within an individual’s reasonable expectations to receive such mail.
Security of personal information
VR Group 2011 Limited will take reasonable steps to protect personal information it collects and ensure it is accurate and up-to-date. Your information is held on secure servers or in storage located in controlled environments. VR Group 2011 Limited employees are required to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information held by VR Group 2011 Limited.
Access to Personal Information
Customers are welcome to request personal information VR Group 2011 Limited holds about them. To obtain a copy of the information we have about you, please write to us requesting your information and including your full name, address, account number, signature etc. A copy of your file will be made available within 30 days. We will inform you if a cost applies to finding the information before we perform this task. Please address enquiries to VR Group 2011 Limited, 188 Hobson Street, Auckland, New Zealand 1010.
If you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out-of-date, you may write to the above address and the record will be changed.
Sending information overseas
VR Group 2011 Limited will only transfer personal data overseas in circumstances where information has appropriate protection.
Changes in the Future
VR Group 2011 Limited Links to Other Websites
VR Group 2011 Limited provides links to other websites but as these linked websites are not under its control, VR Group 2011 Limited is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to its website and we advise you to review the privacy policies of these sites before disclosing your personal information on them.
Additional Information on Privacy
For further information about privacy issues and the protection of privacy, visit the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.org.nz
Company E-mail Addresses
Electronic addresses are published on this website for professional communications only and do not constitute an invitation to send unsolicited commercial e-mails which are not related to this business.
Term of use
Welcome to the VR Group 2011 Limited website which is owned and operated by VR Group 2011 Limited.
Access and Use
Intellectual Property Rights
The intellectual property rights (including copyright) in all information, text, material, graphics, fonts, icons, code (including HTML), audio, video, photographs, software and advertisements on the Website (“Content”) are owned by or licensed to VR Group 2011 Limited. New Zealand and international intellectual property laws protect the Content. You must not modify, copy, reproduce, sell, frame, scrape, upload to a third party, create derivative works from, post, transmit or distribute the Content in any way except as expressly provided for on the Website or expressly authorised in writing by VR Group 2011 Limited. You may not use a trade mark displayed on the Website without VR Group 2011 Limited or the relevant owner’s written permission. Further, you must not make use of any “Meta tags” or other “hidden text” that uses VR Group 2011 Limited name or trade mark or product name without VR Group 2011 Limited written consent.
You may, using an industry-standard web browser, download and view the Content for your personal, non-commercial use only. In using the Website and any of the services provided by VR Group 2011 Limited, you must not:
- disrupt the operation or security of the Website or those services or any accounts, servers, or networks connected or accessible through the Website;
- use the Website or those services in a way that may harass, annoy or disrupt any third person, including a third person who may receive messages as a result of your use of the Website or those services;
- submit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information or material of any kind including without limitation any material constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law;
- submit any material of any kind which violates or infringes the rights of any other person, including material which is an invasion of any privacy rights, which is protected by copyright, trade mark or any other proprietary right without first obtaining the permission of the owner or relevant right holder;
- submit any material of any kind which contains a virus or other harmful component;
- delete any author attribution’s, legal notices, or proprietary designations or labels in any material that is submitted;
- modify or delete any content on the Website or add any content to the Website; or
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of the Website or those services.
VR Group 2011 Limited reserves the right to co-operate fully with any law enforcement authority in any jurisdiction in respect of any lawful direction or request to disclose the identity or other information in respect of anyone posting any materials which violate any applicable or relevant law.
Services and Accuracy of Information
VR Group 2011 Limited does not warrant that the material or functions contained in the Website or your access to them will be uninterrupted, error-free or free of viruses or any other harmful components. VR Group 2011 Limited does not warrant or make any representation regarding accessibility, correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise in respect of the Website or materials or functions contained on the Website. You expressly acknowledge and agree that VR Group 2011 Limited does not control users of the Website and is not liable for their behaviour including any information, defamatory statements or offensive conduct.
Delays and Viruses
VR Group 2011 Limited will not be liable for damage or loss resulting from any delay in operation or transmission, virus, harmful component, communications failure, internet access difficulties or malfunction in equipment or software, howsoever caused.
If the Website is Unavailable
It is your responsibility to use other means of effecting transactions and obtaining information if for any reason you are unable to use this Service or the Service is unavailable. We undertake to make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the Service you use is available to you during the hours specified by us from time to time but we are not liable to you for or in connection with – Failure of a Service to perform in whole or in part, any function which we have specified it will perform;
The unavailability of a Service to you in whole or in part because of the failure of the communication network, ancillary equipment or any circumstance beyond our reasonable control; or delays or errors in the execution of any transaction or instruction because of the communication network, ancillary equipment or any circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
Linked Sites and Advertising
You may be able to access third-party websites from this Website. VR Group 2011 Limited does not make any representations in relation to the content, quality, or reliability of these websites, and VR Group 2011 Limited inclusion of a link to them does not imply that VR Group 2011 Limited has any relationship or affiliation with them. VR Group 2011 Limited is not responsible for the content or practices of third-party websites that may be linked to the Website. The Website may also be linked to other websites operated by companies affiliated or connected with VR Group 2011 Limited. When visiting other websites, you must refer to each such website’s individual terms and conditions of use. VR Group 2011 Limited takes no responsibility for third party advertisements that are posted on the Website, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by advertisers.
Limitation of Liability
Subject to the following paragraph, under no circumstances will VR Group 2011 Limited or any related corporation or their respective directors or employees be liable to you for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims or expenses (including legal costs) whether direct, indirect, or consequential howsoever caused (including, without limitation, negligence) suffered or incurred by you arising out of use of, or any inability to use the Website or any third party website the Content of this Website or any third party website any services offered or made available to you by VR Group 2011 Limited through the Website.
- replacing the goods or supplying equivalent goods;
- repairing the goods;
- paying the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods;
- paying the cost of having the goods repaired, and, in the case of a supply of services, VR Group 2011 Limited doing either or both of the following (at VR Group 2011 Limited election):
- supplying the services again;
- paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify rights which you may have under any other legislation which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement.
Linking to this Website
You must not create a hyperlink to any page within the Website unless VR Group 2011 Limited gives you prior written permission.